• Roland offers the complete trailer or van body.
• Roland can install its Curtainside Upper Structure System on your flatbed chassis.
• Roland also offers the Curtainside Upper Structure System as a kit for assembly by the customer or their local service shop.
• Roland’s highly qualified and experienced engineering staff exceeds the custom design specifications of your project.
There are a number of curtain side trailers in the marketplace today and it is IMPORTANT to know exactly what you are buying and why. Here’s a few facts to help you get what you want and need.
Weld or Bolt: There are approximately 1,500,000 curtainsiders in use throughout the world, of which around 40,000 operate in the U.S. Only 3% - 5% of these are a welded construction. The RolaLoad Curtainsider is bolted at four corners of the trailer chassis and has stress relieving joints at the roof connection.
Rip or Stop: One myth is that curtain material is rip-proof. Truth is, no manufacturer in the U.S. uses an absolute rip-stop curtain material. High-security curtains are available (RolaSecure & RolaSafe) and prevent entry for the cargo.
Options: Are you aware that you can custom spec your unit with swing doors, roll-up doors, sliding curtains, solid rear-end, or even a sliding curtain roof? Center partitions, cargo control systems, insulated curtains, fixed posts, removable posts and even sliding racks can be added. Need high resolution, digital graphics on the curtains, vinyl decal on the front or rear? The options are almost endless.
Height: The usable side access height of a RolaLoad Curtainsider is the dimension through the side, over the floor, and under the top rail. The top rail is a nominal 3.625” deep. That, combined with the upper coupler depth, provides an additional 4" inside height as compared to other systems.
• Cargo cube
• Loading and unloading time requirements
• Cargo protection from elements
• Cargo restraints
• Egress of loading – unloading from rear
• Sides or top, weight limitations
• Height limitations
• Marketing opportunities with custom graphics
• Strength to endure punishment of harsh operating environments and cargo concentrations